| X-rays are a primary tool for early identification of dental problems. Detecting issues with X-rays before they become problems can save you money in the long run by preventing the need for more extensive, expensive procedures or surgeries.
Dental x-rays help to evaluate the bone supporting the teeth and to detect other problems not visible during the clinical examination. Dr. Layport uses digital radiography, which dramatically lowers radiation dosage and eliminates the hazardous chemicals used to develop the x-ray films. The x-ray images can be easily magnified and copied.
Digital X-rays have several advantages over traditional film based X-rays:
• They emit up to 90% less radiation
• They are ready for examination nearly instantly
• They can be viewed on a computer screen
• Their image can be refined and enlarged
• They are greener; no chemicals are needed for processing